MGC Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Steins Gate Dual Audio
Mini Guide to increasing your KDR Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 9:34 am by Fr0zen

» Clan Wars 4/10
Mini Guide to increasing your KDR Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 10:39 pm by N2OCharger

» Games with co-op
Mini Guide to increasing your KDR Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 1:21 pm by N2OCharger

» World of Tanks 360 version
Mini Guide to increasing your KDR Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 3:09 pm by N2OCharger

» New Year, New Clan
Mini Guide to increasing your KDR Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 8:27 pm by N2OCharger

Top posting users this month
No user

Mini Guide to increasing your KDR

Go down 
+6
lilerm8302
Fr0zen
Da Crazy Pastor
xDrunkMunkeyx
N2OCharger
aG Blink
10 posters
AuthorMessage
aG Blink
Retired Member
Retired Member
aG Blink

Mini Guide to increasing your KDR Empty
PostSubject: Mini Guide to increasing your KDR   Mini Guide to increasing your KDR Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 11:20 pm

These are the things that have helped me with getting a high-ish kdr of over 2.0. This is an oppinion guide, but the things I'll write here have produced results. As my motto says on my xbox live profile for the past like 3 years, "stats dont lie." So here goes....

I'll start with the perks that I suggest be used on nearly every class.

1) Focus- I find this to be the single most important perk when winning gun fights. I use this on every class over quickdraw and ready up. (on one of my main classes I use all three) Getting shot and being able to stay on target is pretty fucking key to this game. If you havent tried it out, or used to often then you should really give it another look. The difference that it makes in those
1v1 gun fights is too good to be ignored.

2)Dead Silence- Not everyone uses a headset, and I'm not going to sit here and tell you that you need to go out and buy one (you really SHOULD go out and buy one) but the sound in call of duty ghosts is amazing, and one of the major differences in this game and the last COD installment. I cant tell you how many times I have killed someone coming up behind me, or all around me or whatever simply because I heard them. This game actually changes the sound of footsteps based upon what type of ground they are running on, so its very easy to pinpoint enemy location based on sound alone. Using dead silence isnt one of those things that will get you more kills, like focus was for instance, but it will deffinatly decrease the amount of times you die, which is half the fight in raising your KDR.

3) SitRep-This is a do-it-all perk. You will see enemy IED, therefore  decreasing your deaths. Since people tend to stay close or camp around their IEDs and motion sensors with sitrep you can pretty much tell when an enemy is camping in building or window, so using sitrep is kind of like a makeshift UAV. On top of that it will show you enemy sentry guns and other random shit, decreasing your overall deaths. Since destroying sentys and satcoms and ballistic vests and all that random shit that the sitrep perk shows you counts as points towards your killstreaks you will get your killstreaks sooner and more often using sitrep that you would have gotten otherwise, increasing your kills. Very good and underrated perk IMO. It really should cost 3 perk points, instead of 2, but I'm not complaining.

The next thing I would cover is guns, but that is strictly based on personal preferance. I use the MSBS and AK-12, depending on the map, but really you should just use whatever works for you. My honest oppinion is that the AK is overpowered and the strongest gun by far in this game. I use a silencer on it and can still hit long shots often. Almost no recoil on it, and I dont even use a foregrip. This gun is a 4 shot kill gun at any distance.(if you are close its just three shots) Thats just retarded, like LMG type damage and range, only in assault rifle form.

So now that perks and guns are out of the way I can talk about the more important shit. Movment and such. Ill just keep this last section as short as possible. When you see an enemy and he sees you, and that very brief moment of time where you are both about to be shooting each other you need to drop, jump, or strafe. Somtimes I jump and then immediatly drop. Anything that you can do to make him miss a few shots on you will probably be the difference between winning or dying. NEVER just sit still and shoot. Thats just giving him the free kill, especially if he IS moving, and using Focus.

Never run into the middle of the map. There is nothing for you there, except repeated deaths. This game has flank routes. Those flank routes have other flank routes. Use them. You know those windows or rooftops on the maps that all seem to be pointing into the middle of the map? Well people are sitting in those window, and on those rooftops, and they are just waiting for you to make their day and run through the middle. Dont make a campers day.

Use your minimap. I dont know how often my eyes flick to the minimap during a match, but I'd guess at least 20 times a minuit. Even if the entire other team is using silencers and Off The Grid, you can still use your minimap to locate the enemy. If your entire team or half your team or whatever is located in a general area, thats NOT where the enemy is. When running around the map(and i dont mean running as in constant sprinting, sprinting around corners is a bad idea) if you ever seem to be heading towards the majority of your teammates then just turn around and go back the way you came. Try to be the one guy all alone on the map in the enemy spawn. You will get more kills that way, and if you take it slow and use focus and drop shots and such you will get more kills with way less deaths than your team.

Dont camp. Not because it's gay, which it is, but because that doesnt help your team win as much as you constantly moving around the map keeping the enemy on edge. you will get more kills, and eventually less deaths. Plus its more fun to be able to rush and still go way positive than having to sit in a window and go way positive. The same results I guess, at least from a KDR point of view, but one way of doing it is much more fun and self gratifying than the other.

That pretty much sums it all up. If this guide is taken even half way seriously and serious effort is put in to be the best player you can be then you will see your KDR improve. More kills, less deaths. Easier than it sounds. Really. It is. Good luck and Roll Tide.

-aG Blink
Back to top Go down
http://www.norml.com
N2OCharger
Head Leader
Head Leader
N2OCharger

PostSubject: Re: Mini Guide to increasing your KDR   Mini Guide to increasing your KDR Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 11:55 pm

Wow, great post! I need to come back and reread it before I play next time. Much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
xDrunkMunkeyx
xDrunkMunkeyx

PostSubject: Re: Mini Guide to increasing your KDR   Mini Guide to increasing your KDR Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 1:46 am

Awesome post! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Da Crazy Pastor
Da Crazy Pastor

PostSubject: Re: Mini Guide to increasing your KDR   Mini Guide to increasing your KDR Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 12:08 pm

Definitely some great pointers! Thanks  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Fr0zen
Commander in charge
Commander in charge
Fr0zen

PostSubject: Re: Mini Guide to increasing your KDR   Mini Guide to increasing your KDR Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 9:35 pm

I agree 100% with the minimap strategy, ALWAYS go in the opposite direction of a teammate because THAT is where an enemy will be.
Back to top Go down
https://mgaclan.forumotion.com
lilerm8302

PostSubject: Re: Mini Guide to increasing your KDR   Mini Guide to increasing your KDR Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 11:18 am

Great info!  Thanks AG blink!  Loved the comment about "not running to the middle of the map..."  Made me chuckle.

I wanted to add one thing that was not mentioned that really has helped me to improve my KD from .86 to .95 and climbing.  Automaton turned me on to this....I'm sure most people already do this, including AG Blink.

ANY TIME you go around a corner, you need to have your gun aimed down the sites, before hand.  Get in the habit of doing this, and ALL the stuff mentioned above.  Getting ready to run up stairs?  Aim down the sites.  Going into the 3 story warehouse on Freight?  Aim down the sites.  Creeping up the backside of the hill on Prison Break?  Aim down the sites.  You get the idea.
Back to top Go down
aG Blink
Retired Member
Retired Member
aG Blink

PostSubject: Re: Mini Guide to increasing your KDR   Mini Guide to increasing your KDR Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 3:03 pm

^^So true! Since pre aiming down the sights is so important I messed around with the stalker perk, but it was messing with my aim so I had to take it off, but I know a lot of the pros use it. Thanks for all the positive feedback guys!
Back to top Go down
Th3aDvisor
Th3aDvisor

PostSubject: Re: Mini Guide to increasing your KDR   Mini Guide to increasing your KDR Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 10:40 pm

all of this info has helped so much! KD is already climbing! is there an easy way to preform the drop shot on a default controller? i seem to slide more often than not when attempting to drop to the ground. Ive always been a crouch and shoot kinda guy but seems i might need to adapt the technique to keep the kd on the rise. are there any moves people use in the half second before shooting at someone. I try to strafe sometime but have realized that if im moving while shooting the MSBS is WAY less accurate than if im still.
Back to top Go down
aG Blink
Retired Member
Retired Member
aG Blink

PostSubject: Re: Mini Guide to increasing your KDR   Mini Guide to increasing your KDR Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 5:08 am

As far as drop shotting goes you need to switch your button layout to tactical. It'll take a few games to get used to it but its really worth it. It will only switch your prone/melee buttons, so dropping will be right thumbstick and knife will be B button, everything else will be the same. Really worth the time to learn to play that button setup it will make drops so much quicker. I never seem to have a problem sliding when I mean to drop, it might be just because I always stop sprinting as soon as I see someone, and you only slide when you are sprinting and pressing prone. As far as the half second you see someone if you don't have the time to drop just jump, its instant whereas dropping you have to first go from standing to crouch, crouch to prone, so it takes a little second. And I feel you on moving and aiming, which is why I cant use the Stalker perk on my MSBS, my aim was horrible. Just try the tactical button and drop or just jump, and save strafing for full auto weapons. Glad to hear that this is helping some!
Back to top Go down
Fr0zen
Commander in charge
Commander in charge
Fr0zen

PostSubject: Re: Mini Guide to increasing your KDR   Mini Guide to increasing your KDR Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 5:38 am

Ive used tactical since Black Ops 1 and ill tell you, it has saved so many deaths. One thing I hated was when I would try to shoot someone and my knife would come out resulting in a death. Dropshotting is a great tactic but even if you dont dropshot, if you are thumb heavy like me, your knife wont come out.

Also, use different setups. You might like a gun for some reason or another, but give that gun a try that you havent tried yet. It might work better as the SC-2010 has worked for me today alone. For about a week I would fluctuate between .770 and .750 and now with the SC-2010 I am now at a .786 and rising. I played 2 games total out of maybe 25 that I went negative. 1 Game even ending with a 30-5 with my killstreaks being cycled twice in that match.
Back to top Go down
Agnt92

PostSubject: Re: Mini Guide to increasing your KDR   Mini Guide to increasing your KDR Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 12:33 pm

If you have big goofy hands like me a thumb stick extender on the right stick will help out also. It feels really strange at first but you get used to it quickly. Improved my KDR by .2 points after

Back to top Go down
Agnt92

PostSubject: Re: Mini Guide to increasing your KDR   Mini Guide to increasing your KDR Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 12:34 pm

Continued: I started using them.
Back to top Go down
Fr0zen
Commander in charge
Commander in charge
Fr0zen

PostSubject: Re: Mini Guide to increasing your KDR   Mini Guide to increasing your KDR Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 12:38 pm

YES!!!! Another Kontrol Freek user. Alot of professional players swear by these so last year I tried them for the 1st time and now I cant play without them. They are very useful but take about a day or 2 to get used to.
Back to top Go down
Agnt92

PostSubject: Re: Mini Guide to increasing your KDR   Mini Guide to increasing your KDR Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 12:40 pm

My biggest problem is finding someone to kill. I stay to the outside of the maps looking for people to shoot but can never find anyone. As soon as I find someone I get shot in the back by someone else. I see all the top players with 20 to 30 kills. I don't see that many people in each game.
Back to top Go down
Agnt92

PostSubject: Re: Mini Guide to increasing your KDR   Mini Guide to increasing your KDR Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 12:42 pm

Freaks are well worth the $10 i paid for them.
Back to top Go down
Fr0zen
Commander in charge
Commander in charge
Fr0zen

PostSubject: Re: Mini Guide to increasing your KDR   Mini Guide to increasing your KDR Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 12:44 pm

Agnt92 wrote:
My biggest problem is finding someone to kill. I stay to the outside of the maps looking for people to shoot but can never find anyone. As soon as I find someone I get shot in the back by someone else. I see all the top players with 20 to 30 kills. I don't see that many people in each game.

There are "high traffic" areas that players go to in order to get that many kills sometimes. Most maps have multiple high traffic areas and most players hit em up to gain their killstreaks. Once they have the killstreaks, the kills start racking up.
Back to top Go down
Adammartin2009
MG Guest
MG Guest
Adammartin2009

PostSubject: Re: Mini Guide to increasing your KDR   Mini Guide to increasing your KDR Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 1:06 pm

Does anybody have a recommendation on the kontrol freeks? There are like 14 different ones, I'm looking at Elite and Vortex right now as possible ones, and they're all on sale!
Back to top Go down
Agnt92

PostSubject: Re: Mini Guide to increasing your KDR   Mini Guide to increasing your KDR Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 1:09 pm

I don't think there's any real difference between any of them except the design. I got the cheapest ones and they work fine.
Back to top Go down
Adammartin2009
MG Guest
MG Guest
Adammartin2009

PostSubject: Re: Mini Guide to increasing your KDR   Mini Guide to increasing your KDR Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 1:24 pm

Just ordered a set of em will be here tomorrow! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lilerm8302

PostSubject: Re: Mini Guide to increasing your KDR   Mini Guide to increasing your KDR Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 3:42 pm

Agnt92, how much are you moving? Also, are you using the mini-map, while moving on the outside? Often times, if I haven't seen someone in a while, I check my mini-map to see where my team is...and then I expect to see an enemy soon. I listen for foot steps and I try not to put myself in a situation where my back is to the enemy. Meaning if I'm running the outside of the map, I'm constantly making sure my team is behind me, etc.
Back to top Go down
N2OCharger
Head Leader
Head Leader
N2OCharger

PostSubject: Re: Mini Guide to increasing your KDR   Mini Guide to increasing your KDR Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 11:04 pm

I use Kontrol Freaks also. Only on the right thumb stick.
Back to top Go down
Fr0zen
Commander in charge
Commander in charge
Fr0zen

PostSubject: Re: Mini Guide to increasing your KDR   Mini Guide to increasing your KDR Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 11:57 pm

N2OCharger wrote:
I use Kontrol Freaks also. Only on the right thumb stick.

Thats how I have mine.
Back to top Go down
Fr0zen
Commander in charge
Commander in charge
Fr0zen

PostSubject: Re: Mini Guide to increasing your KDR   Mini Guide to increasing your KDR Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 4:08 pm

Since I have read this thread and also learned a few other things that have helped me, I have gone from a stready .75 to a rising .80+ Here is my experience and hope it can help you as well.

Wed. morning, maybe about 3-4AM I watched a video by a youtuber called SniperWolf. She went 68-3 on Domination on Stonehaven. I thought to myself holy crap she has an amazing setup. So I watched again for the setup in the beginning and I went and made the same class which is in another thread on the forums. I started to use this class and ill say, It works. Before this thread and that video, I hit a plateau at 0.75 not going up or down. What I would do now in a typical match is, patrol a certain area instead of mindlessly running to the middle of the map. Not camp in 1 spot but maybe patrol 25% of the map, Mostly on the perimeter of the map. You might call this a little campy but even soldiers in real life dont mindlessly run out to find kills. They patrol a certain area and assess the situation (correct me if I am wrong aG Blink). Which is what I have been doing. Now I find myself ending games with a 2.0 or even better per match. What also helps is, dont go for the higher killstreaks. Sure the Helo Pilot is tempting, or even Loki, but even if you end your killstreaks with Battle Hind would be best to raise your KD and possibly get that all elusive KEM Strike. Guard Dog/Sentry Gun/Battle Hind will possibly net a good 10-15 kills if they arent taken out right away. Once you see yourself raising your KD, I then say, challenge yourself. Go for a camo challenge or 2. If not for anything else to see if you can adapt. I started to see my KD slowly raising and so I decided to go for the red gun camo (150 kills with no attatchments.) and still my KD kept raising up.

There are several threads here to give advice on raising your KD so I suggest you check them all out and maybe even make a style all your own. I have never EVER been a very good CoD player at all. So I know if I can use these strategies to raise MY KD, then you can too.
Back to top Go down
nightstalker
nightstalker

PostSubject: Re: Mini Guide to increasing your KDR   Mini Guide to increasing your KDR Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 12:56 am

cool i may try it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mini Guide to increasing your KDR   Mini Guide to increasing your KDR Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mini Guide to increasing your KDR
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MGC Home :: Main :: General Discussion-
Jump to: